Kindergarten Subject Area Curriculum Goals of St. Monica
- Students will share their faith through service to others.
- Students will use technology to access, process, and communicate information.
- Students will participate in their own learning.
- Students will show appreciation for diversity.
- Students will show respect for God and all His creation.
- Students will show respect for one another.
- Students will demonstrate skills which enable them to be lifelong learners.
- Students will effectively communicate in oral and written form.
- Students will actively participate in the life of the Catholic Church.
- Students will recognize, evaluate and solve problems.
- Students will demonstrate skills and show appreciation for the fine arts.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to make wise choices concerning health and fitness.
of our students are accepted to the high school of their choice.
students in our average class size ensures personal attention.
of our students play or participate in one or more extracurricular activities.
Kindergarten Subject Area Curriculum
- Demonstrate love for God by helping one another and by making good choices in their treatment of others.
- Be exposed to and express an understanding of God as our Creator.
- Learn about Jesus Christ by listening to Bible stories.
- Understand that all people are part of the family of God.
- Listen to the prayers of the Catholic religion
- Learn about the sacraments of baptism, reconciliation, and Eucharist
- Learn about heaven and the message of Jesus
- Attend Mass
- Count, write, identify, and represent numbers to 100
- Complete various types of graphs.
- Identify different 2 & 3 dimensional shapes
- Identify and extend patterns.
- Skip count by 2s, 5s and 10s.
- Recognize place values – ones and tens
- Understand calendar time
- Learn the concept of adding & subtracting
- Learn about clock time to the hour and half hour
- Learn coin names and values
- Identify and interpret pictures.
- Recognize and discriminate between beginning, middle, and ending sounds.
- Match capital and lower case letters
- Read age appropriate stories
- Practice oral reading skills
- Expand reading comprehension skills
- Identify sight words
- Retell a story in sequence
- Associate letter names, sounds and formation of letters
- Learn punctuation
- Discover rhyming words including word families
- Strategize independent word attack skills
- Study phonics
- Learn various concepts through STEM activities
- Look at habitats and life cycles
- Learn about various famous people
- Learn about holidays
- Learn about various places in our world
|Archdiocese Music Festival
||Bellarmine Speech League
||Boys and Girls Scouts
|Stop Motion Animation