Kindergarten Subject Area Curriculum Goals of St. Monica
- Students will share their faith through service to others.
- Students will use technology to access, process, and communicate information.
- Students will participate in their own learning.
- Students will show appreciation for diversity.
- Students will show respect for God and all His creation.
- Students will show respect for one another.
- Students will demonstrate skills which enable them to be lifelong learners.
- Students will effectively communicate in oral and written form.
- Students will actively participate in the life of the Catholic Church.
- Students will recognize, evaluate and solve problems.
- Students will demonstrate skills and show appreciation for the fine arts.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to make wise choices concerning health and fitness.
Kindergarten Subject Area Curriculum
- Demonstrate love for God by helping one another and by making good choices in their treatment of others.
- Be exposed to and express an understanding of God as our Creator.
- Learn about Jesus Christ by listening to Bible stories.
- Understand that all people are part of the family of God.
- Listen to the prayers of the Catholic religion
- Learn about the sacraments of baptism, reconciliation, and Eucharist
- Learn about heaven and the message of Jesus
- Attend Mass
- Count, write, identify, and represent numbers to 100
- Complete various types of graphs.
- Identify different 2 & 3 dimensional shapes
- Identify and extend patterns.
- Skip count by 2s, 5s and 10s.
- Recognize place values – ones and tens
- Understand calendar time
- Learn the concept of adding & subtracting
- Learn about clock time to the hour and half hour
- Learn coin names and values
- Identify and interpret pictures.
- Recognize and discriminate between beginning, middle, and ending sounds.
- Match capital and lower case letters
- Read age appropriate stories
- Practice oral reading skills
- Expand reading comprehension skills
- Identify sight words
- Retell a story in sequence
- Associate letter names, sounds and formation of letters
- Learn punctuation
- Discover rhyming words including word families
- Strategize independent word attack skills
- Study phonics
- Learn various concepts through STEM activities
- Look at habitats and life cycles
- Learn about various famous people
- Learn about holidays
- Learn about various places in our world
|Archdiocese Music Festival||Bellarmine Speech League|
|Liturgical Choir||Instrumental Band|
|Operation Cooperation||Boys and Girls Scouts|
|Mad Science||Chess Club|
|Stop Motion Animation||Drama|